Monday, August 10, 2009

Been a while...

Sorry that I haven't been updating my blog as frequently as I would have wanted to. I've just been pretty busy as of late with being ineligible for the first marking period and having to go to summer school as a result, to being in North Carolina for a month with family, and just overall laziness to update combined with just being apathetic about the whole situation. Since I've been in North Carolina, I've just been doing a lot of soul searching to try to get my head together and reflect on what happened. I also had to look at my own parent's lives and realize that making their same mistakes won't get me where I want to be in my future. On the same topic, my dad has been in the hospital quite frequently while I was in North Carolina and even missed my birthday on the 13th, which pretty much sucked for me because I figured my dad was capable of keeping himself healthy without me or my brother being around to remind him.


DSC_0833
DSC_0771
DSC_0795
DSC_0762

Did a lot of driving around in this. Gotta love being out in the country in this.


Aside from that summer school was probably what I needed to help myself get my head together to do well in school. I pretty much showed myself that I could actually do well and get exceed my typical expectations in school. My visit with my school counselor also helped me to just do my own thing to get to where I want to be since I'm even at more of a disadvantage than the rest of my IB Class in terms of getting into the school I want. 

Returning to weight lifting with my former teammates was also a bit more of a struggle than I had thought it'd be. Having to swallow my pride to approach them was probably one of the more difficult thing I've done recently. Just not being able to be apart of the team I've been with for the past three years ago has been a great pain to me. On the brighter side, this time allows me to focus on wrestling and track now as well as try to get a job during school while still having time to do well in class.

Some things I got over the summer were my Laney Air Jordan Vs that I had shipped to my grandparent's house in North Carolina which I'm planning on restoring. My 3Sixteen SL-1000xs came in as well right before I was about to return to North Carolina from the week that I had to be in to go to appointments.I also had Jason ship out my gray Huf Quake v3 which has been my fitted grail for quite sometime especially after having San flaunt it at me whenever we'd get on StickAM, but I never got around to taking a picture of it. I also used part of my birthday money that I got from my godmother to buy a new copy of Street Fighter IV and a new memory card for my camera that my dad still has until the end of summer.


DSC_0826

Some minor yellowing and the paint on the midsole is chipping in unsightly places, but now that I have the right paint, I can fix that which will just leave me to acquiring seaglow to restore the soles back to an icy color.


DSC_0810
DSC_0816

I really like the fit of these, easily way better than the typical Nudies and APCs I see around in terms of quality and fit. Also took some updated shots of my 514s as well, like how the earth tone came out in the shot.


DSC_0754
DSC_0755

No comments:

Post a Comment